Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Week 24. 48 To Go

   I guess it's a good sign that I don't feel the need to blog as often as I originally did!  It's been 3 weeks, and I really don't have a lot to comment on! 
   I'm not experiencing any new or changed symptoms at this point.  I am working and giving it my all, very tired when I finally do slow down or stop, and pretty wiped out on week-ends.  My hair loss seems to never slow down, but thanks to a wonderful hair-dresser, and good genes, it's not real noticeable.  I do get a bit freaked in the shower, when I wash it and end up with hair all over my face, like a spider web!  And I try to be aware of my shoulders during the day and brush off my clothes.  I keep wondering how this will end up, and if ultimately I'll end up with a wig or funky hat.  But in the long run, that's now a lot to worry about.
    Good friends of ours came to visit Friday night and brought food with them!  It is so relaxing to be able to stay home and just enjoy the company.  Again, old friendships come with many blessings!
    We went out of town for the 3rd time since treatment began on Saturday. We're used to driving a lot, and usually I can't keep my eyes open.  But I'm finding I can't really relax, and have a hard time sleeping in the car.  Not a good thing if that's the only available time to rest!  We enjoyed checking on our boat at the marina, and went on to spend the night with good friends.  It was good to get away again, but I was wiped out by Monday!
    So I just realized I am 33% of the way through this!!  That's a milestone I can sink my teeth into!  Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and good wishes!  No news is usually good news with me!  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment