Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So Far, So Good

I'm at Day #5 of my journey, and so far, so good.  I'm trying to take one day at a time, and I'd love to really believe this is how it will be the whole way down the road!  I was able to go out Saturday evening to a family birthday dinner after purposely taking it easy on the first day.  But Sunday I woke up feeling great; went to the gym, bought some flowers for my deck, and picked up a few things at the grocery store!! 
  Today, Wednesday, is the first time I really felt it at work.  The afternoon was tough because I was really tired, but  I managed to stay for a faculty meeting, and then took a nap when I got home.  A bit of nausea, and not much appetite.
  Have I mentioned what a ground hog I am??  For at least the last 3 months I was on a total eating binge!  I chalked it up to nerves and anxiety, and the knowledge that soon nothing was really going to taste good.  So I had been eating absolutely anything I wanted, and began to feel like a groundhog plumping up for the winter.  Consequently, there are extra pounds here that will keep me going for awhile, even with a loss of appetite.  I read on a chat line about some other people having the same reaction; I doubt that it is unique.
   Blood work tomorrow.  I had a baseline drawn last week, so this will be the first comparison sample.  An online friend of mine undergoing a second time treatment reported that it didn't hit her hard until the third week of treatment.  Say a prayer for me, maybe I won't get hit as badly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment