Sunday, June 6, 2010

Am I Missing Something??

     Do you ever feel like you just have to be knocked upside the head to get the message??  That's where I am right now.   Things continue to go wrong, and I am beginning to wonder if I'm just not getting the message I'm supposed to get!
    First the good news.   MRI came back free and clear and there's no sign of any growths or malignancies.  Yeah!  And I don't have diabetes!  BUT.....I wasn't supposed to be even tested for it.  The genotype test from 2 weeks ago got sent in as a diabetes test!!!  i.e. human error at the drs. office.  So I still don't know what I'm dealing with.   And the first viral load test came back inconclusive! i.e. another lab error!  What is going on here??
     Good news is I changed labs very easily on Saturday, had them all redrawn, and we'll see what happens this week.  Turns out my insurance covers all labs, and all I had to do was show up with the paperwork!
     My hemogloblin has dropped to 11, so the order went in for Procrit to help build up the iron again.  Chances are it will take some time to get that approved, but I like that my dr is being proactive, instead of waiting until it really bottoms out to get started on that.  They tell me its not an immediate fix and will take some time to really notice a change.
    I'm hanging in there.   Finally started feeling a bit stronger on Thursday after a day off, but then had field day on Friday and was just physically wrung out by evening. My big outings this week-end were for blood work and a pedicure, and then the grocery store to pick up milk today!  Mostly I sit and look at my back deck and birds, and sleep.  I feel guilty not making better use of my time, but I literally don't want to write, read, or even knit. 
    A friend of Steve's sent us pasta for dinner Friday night, and it was wonderful.  I pretty much only want to eat fruit , cereal, and yogurt, but it tasted really good and was nice to come home to.  Maybe it is time to take my friends and family up on the offer to send some food in once in awhile. 
    I did shop for a visual reminder of my treatment progress.  This is what I came up with.  2 identical vases with polished river rocks.  The one on the left has 6 rocks in it for the 6 shots I've done, and the one on the right has 42 rocks left in it. What do you think???   They remind me not only of the treatment progress, but also of all your prayers and support!  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment