Thursday, August 12, 2010

Same Old, Same Old

Well, here we are finishing up week #15.  Not a whole lot has changed since my last post, which is a good thing.  My blood work has remained stable, I have settled in to a workable daily routine, and the beat goes on. 
   I do find that I am running a low-grade fever each day, and typically break out into a sweat, right about noon!  At first I thought it was because I was pushing myself too hard, but now I realize it still happens when I'm not active.  Not a big deal, and again, one of those side-effects that comes with the territory. 
    I'm looking forward to taking our first road-trip on medication.   We'll be gone for about a week, and have planned out each day to allow me to rest and not take it too hard.  We will see lots of family, and work in some sightseeing.  It should be a good break for my husband, too.  He doesn't complain and looks out for me, but life with me must be pretty boring for  him. 
    The following is a list of common side effects associated with this treatment:
  • Fatigue/feeling tired
  • Flu-like symptoms, including fever, muscle aches, and chills
  • Nausea or vomiting
  • Feeling anxious, depressed, or irritable
  • Insomnia
  • Hair loss
  • Headaches
  • Dry, itchy, and/or irritated skin
  • Anemia
   So you can see, although I have had some of these, all in all, I am doing really well with the treatment.   Thanks for your interest and thoughts and prayers.  Live each day for the most! 

No comments:

Post a Comment